Friday, August 15, 2008

WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

Those are the words that I was repeating--quite loudly-- when a strange man jumped into the passenger seat of our van as I was pulling away from the market.

Thankfully, the Lord was guiding me through the situation, and I slowly moved my purse from within his reach, and got my phone out to call Andrew. I turned off the car and was attempting to get out and get Anaiah out, when finally, the man hopped out of the vehicle and ran. Someone started chasing him, but he disappeared into the market.

I thought that he might want money or food, but all he said to me was, "You give me a ride." That's when the yelling started and I continued to say, "No, No! What are you doing? You cannot just hop into someone's car! Get Out! Get Out!"

When he realized that I was going no where with him present, and that I was on the phone making a call, he decided to head on out.

All I could think as I pulled away was "Thank you, God, for your protection."

Anaiah was in the back the entire time and I don't recall her even making a sound. She was probably just wondering why her mom was all of a sudden yelling and making a scene!

That was definitely enough excitement for one day. After going to the store for a few things, we made our way home and tried to relax.

I'll definitely be driving with doors locked from now on and windows only rolled down slightly.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Ack! How scary for you! I'm so glad it ended well, with just some frayed nerves. I'll have to say, though, that imagining you screaming at this guy, who apparently thought you were some sort of free taxi, made me laugh. Much love to you!

J. B. said...

I'm glad you're safe!

rich jandt said...

You guys should stop scaring me so much.

Brian Pannell said...

how scary! I am so glad it was nothing....what a life of stories Aniah will have to tell!

mamajoy said...

I am so thankful that God protected you Anaiah and our little peanut. I think it would be a GREAT idea to lock your car when you are out. Love and kisses to you all. Mom

Luke Coles said...

You are getting too many great life stories there. I'm praying for you all.

CarrieHawk said...

Wow - that was like a scene out of a movie. Will be praying for your protection!