Friday, July 04, 2008

Feels Like "Home"

Tonight it is cool outside after a good, long rain. I am sitting on the couch in sweats, socks, a tee-shirt and a blanket. Andrew and I love the weather of Fort Portal, especially on rainy, gloomy days. It reminds us so much of the Northwest!

I know that it is hard for some of you to believe because, well, we live in Africa! Isn't it suppose to be hot here? Well, it is--and in some places, unbearably hot. I'm glad that we don't live in those parts of Africa. I'm happy to actually use blankets at night, wear sweaters in the house, drink hot tea and put my daughter in cute sleeper outfits for bed.

It's nice to have similar weather to where we come from. It's at least one thing that is not completely different to what we are used to.

Now all we need is a Starbucks to come into town and then my rainy days would be COMPLETE!!! :)

2 comments:

Amanda Rae said...

it makes my heart happy to hear that the weather is similar to here for your sake and that you do get to be a little more "normal" as far as that goes. sorry about the starbucks. if i could package that up and send it to you- i totally would!! we will go everyday when you come back!!! haha!!! love you!

brenda said...

I wish I could warm up with a nice steamin cup of Afican Chai! You also are blessed with the weather because you already have all the right clothes (unlike the heat of Bako where my sweats are not cutting it)